- A garden escapee that colonises disturbed areas, roadsides, camping grounds, overgrazed sites and along levee banks of creeks.
- Erect annual herb to 3 meters high covered with short white hairs.
- Stems are quadrangular often grooved.
- Leaves opposite, with toothed edges.
- Flowers orange and velvety in 2-4 round spiky clusters along the upper stem, and form hard spiky balls when mature.
- Seeds are very small, many, and triangular.
Other weed identifiers
Plant Life Cycle
Currently not declared however under the Biosecurity Act 2014 you still have an obligation to prevent or minimise a biosecurity risk posed by a pest.