- Grows best where fertility, organic matter, soil moisture, and humidity are all high.
- Can tolerate some shade.
- Potential for establishment/introduction to wet tropics.
- A branched slender-stemmed perennial vine.
- Leaves are arranged in opposite pairs along the stems and are heart-shaped or triangular with an acute tip and broad base. Leaves may be 4-13cm long.
- Clusters of small white to greenish-white flower heads are borne along many stems.
- Seeds are very small and black with tuft of white bristles that are longer than the seed.
Other weed identifiers
Plant Life Cycle
This species is declared Restricted Matter under the Biosecurity Act 2014 for further information on declaration refer to your Local Government or the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries